The Go Geraldine Board are a team of volunteers, passionate about our diverse and vibrant town, who all work in our own businesses in Geraldine or the surrounding district. Each financial member of Go Geraldine has the opportunity to have input into how the associates is run and the initiatives of Go Geraldine.
Go Geraldine has a Coordinator that works part time to facilitate the objectives of the association. Janene Adams is responsible for the recruitment of new members to Go Geraldine along with looking after the retention of our existing members. She also coordinates the many events and promotions that Go Geraldine is involved with.
The objects of the association are to:
- Develop and promote the Geraldine district, including the rural communities, as a vibrant place in which to live, work, play and stay. This includes all business, cultural, social, recreational, amenities and attractions available in the Geraldine District and surrounding area.
- To assist in establishing, building and encouraging a strong and healthy business environment in the wider Geraldine district, where locals support locals for common good.
We achieve these objectives by providing opportunities to our members and sponsors that enhance the promotion of their business and of the Geraldine district as whole. These opportunities include;
- The Go Geraldine website, a promotional tool for members and sponsors alike, which is the on line reference point for visitors and locals. The website is refreshed and updated regularly providing a range of information from member listings to activities happening around the district plus much more. The website has thousands of hits each month and consistently performs well on Google and other search engines.
- Social media networking via the Go Geraldine Facebook page. Updated regularly, members and sponsors are strongly encouraged to link to both the website and Facebook page and contribute information/content to both mediums to maximise the benefits of online exposure and reach
- Networking opportunities at our B@6 (business at six) meetings for members, sponsors and potential members. The bi-monthly meetings are hosted by a different business each time offering business owners an excellent opportunity to showcase their business to other members resulting in increased awareness and also a potential referral stream for your business
- Promotional opportunities at various events such as the Christchurch Show and other trade shows. Our sponsors and members get preferential positioning and promotion at these events. The presence of Go Geraldine at these events has shown positive interest from potential visitors with a spike in visitor numbers to the town each time an event is attended
- The Go Geraldine Christmas Parade has become a highlight in the region with our members and many other organisations joining together to create a fun seasonal event for the enjoyment of all
- Working closely with Central South Island Tourism to promote the region and individual businesses.
- Cultivating and nurturing positive relationships with all forms of media to ensure that Geraldine features highly in articles and pieces about the region. (see our cuttings folder for past features on Geraldine)
- Maintaining and updating notice boards in the central business district and surrounding areas to promote the association, our sponsors, our members and the region.
- Regular communication with our sponsors and members via our bi-monthly newsletter, fortnightly GG Buzz sheet and regular emails
- Advocacy for Go Geraldine members at Timaru District Council or with providers of core amenities such as Power, Telephone and general communications.
- Lobbying and supporting economic growth or required changes within the district.
- Opportunities for professional development through seminars and industry links as opportunities or needs arise
- A close partnership with the Timaru and Geraldine Visitor Centre’s that regularly update all South Island Visitor Information Centres with Geraldine’s promotions and business information.
- A close partnership with other bodies in Geraldine such as the Community Board (a member sits on the Go Geraldine Board) and Events Geraldine